Rice with beans, thistles and turnips
Ingredients for 4 people)
- 200 g of white beans soaked the previous day
- 400 g of pork shank;
- 1 hand of pig:
- 100 g of bacon without salt
- 4 onion black puddings
- 1 white
- 4 small turnips
- 350 g of rice
- Saffron and salt.
- Place the beans in a pot with about 3 liters of water, pork, hand, bacon, white and turnips and cook over low heat adding the salt to half-cooked.
- If it is done in the express pot it will take about 30 minutes, if it is in a traditional pot, calculate at least an hour and a half. Remove the meat from the broth. Let them cool a bit before cutting them into pieces so they do not fall apart.
- When there is no more in the pot than the beans and turnips with the broth, add the saffron and rice and cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes. Halfway through cooking add the sliced meats and the whole onion black pudding to prevent them from falling apart.
- It is important to remember that this is a strong dish, typical of winter and that should be smooth, so it is advisable before pouring the rice to observe how we walk in broth and if necessary add a little hot water, before incorporating it.